Thursday 9 January 2014

The ONLY way you will be successful with your health & weight loss goals is..

Believe you are worth the effort and time!
I have been a personal trainer for over 13 yrs now and have helped lots of people lose major inches, body fat and weight BUT I have also tried to help many other people but it just didn't happen for them, many trainers wouldn't admit that! I am very proud of and know the programs I develop and workouts I give to clients work BUT I only spent 2-4hrs/week with clients, there are 168hrs in a week! That's a lot of time that we all have to fight our own negative thoughts and media induced low self-image. 
The biggest and most important thing I have to teach clients is how to love themselves! You can be your own best supporter OR your worst enemy. Tell me, last time you looked at yourself in the mirror, what were the first thoughts? Was it "wow I have awesome hair today?", "my butt looks awesome in these jeans", "damn I'm hot!" Or was it "my hips are so big", "look at that roll on my stomach", "I hate this mirror". More often than not, it's the latter negative comments we speak to ourselves. Did you know it takes 15 positive comments to just erase the effects on our self-esteem of just ONE negative comment...FIFTEEN! That's how strong negative comments are. 
If you really want to make a lifetime change to be healthier, stronger inside and out, happier person, you need to start with your view of yourself. 
YOU ARE worth it! You are worth the time, effort, money and positive words!
Start by choosing a positive "go to" phrase that whenever you start down the negative road in your mind, you stop it by saying;
- I CAN do this
-I AM worth it
-I deserve to be happy
-Show Love (my personal fav; I use it on myself as well as negative people. You will change others around you!)

These are just a few examples but choose yours and write it on a sticky note & stick it to your bathroom mirror, put it as a reminder in your phone calendar! Keep saying it to yourself and I promise, your outlook on yourself and the world around you will change.
Until you take pride in yourself and know that you are beautiful, the changes you are trying to make will not last. Understand your value in this world and that this world would NEVER be the same without you.
Be the best version of you and the happiness and RESULTS will follow quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment