Thursday 19 April 2012

Biggest "Wheat Freedom" Challenge yet

So as many of you know, I have embarked on a wheat free eating plan after reading the Wheat Belly and realising the effects of modern day wheat after all the genetic modifications that have been made over the past 55yrs. If you haven't read it, DO IT! Its a very enlightening book for sure.
I have done very well over the last 2 weeks and without any cravings at all actually, my husband did have some cravings but overall has done really well too. We will do another weigh-in tomorrow morning and I'm not sure what to expect but I will tell you that my waste line and love handle area feels a whole lot tighter...all the time. Pants fit better, everything is flatter without having to suck it in and I will be taking a measurement cause it feels like i may be smaller cause I had to go to the next belt loop in on my jeans today! So many pleasant side effects with the wheat freedom along with increased energy, better digestion and overall "healthy feeling".
Here is my Challenge; Heading downtown for 2 days of restaurant food! I will be attempting to stay on my wheat free plan (there may be some champagne or wine involved!!) through this outing. I think i can do it and the reason I'm writing this is so you can keep me accountable! I will remember you all when I'm making my choices this week-end and I'll let you know how the restaurants did to accommodate my requests. I honestly don't think it will be too hard, restaurants are very good at making changes to suit different allergies, etc. I think my biggest challenge will be sitting at the spa in the cozy "chill room" before our massage with homemade pastries staring at me! I need to avoid that room i think.
Wish me luck and I'll see you in a few days with my success/failure story and how i felt.

No comments:

Post a Comment